AWI is hiring a Project Engineer to join our Salt Lake City, Utah team. Our dynamic company has been in the business of optimizing granular media filter operations for over 30 years. We provide technical expertise, products, and services that our customers rely on to efficiently and reliably treat municipal and industrial water and wastewater throughout the United States. If you are a creative problem solver and a team player with a growth mindset, you are probably a great fit for our team!
As a Project Engineer, your performance is critical to AWI’s success. You will be responsible for the technical aspects of assigned projects. You will assist with product development efforts and provide support for the sales and marketing team in promoting and selling AWI products and services.
· Engineering degree and 3-5 years of related work experience.
· Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent spatial visualization and problem-solving skills.
· Strong understanding of hydraulics and fluid dynamics.
· Able to work reliably both independently and in a team environment.
· Able to prepare general arrangement drawings to meet customer plans and specifications.
· Proficient with AutoCAD 2D design and MS Office programs.
· Mechanical, civil, or environmental engineering degree, registered professional engineer.
· Experience designing water/wastewater treatment equipment.
· Knowledge of stainless steel forming, machining, fabrication and passivation processes.
· Familiarity with SolidWorks Flow Simulation CFD.
· Co-location with AWI’s team in Salt Lake City, Utah.
· Perform all engineering design tasks for assigned projects, including hydraulic and structural design calculations and general arrangement drawings to meet schedule requirements and assure customer satisfaction. Assist in the preparation of project documentation deliverables, including submittal packages and installation, operation, and maintenance manuals.
· Review and interpret customer plans and specifications. Assist the sales team with preparation of product information packages, technical specifications, and sales drawings.
· Analyze and assess the feasibility of product developments. Oversee and participate in factory and field testing to demonstrate product performance.
· Up to 20% travel to meet with customers and supervise installation, startup, and testing.
· Other duties as may be assigned.